Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Yes. Yes! YES! NO! NO!

Last weekend we had our first professional photoshoot with the talented and totally awesome Jenny Jimenez. She told me she reads this blog, so I probably shouldn't talk about how she showed some skin to coerce us into making sexy faces. Besides, it didn't work for me...I just giggled uncontrollably.
It was a ton a of fun. TON! We met at the Pretty Parlor to pick out some fancy vintage duds in place of our worn out t-shirts (of course, I already had on a dapper blue polyester jacket direct from my grandma's attic) and headed over to my most favorite non-music bar in the world, Sun Liquor.
Jenny bestowed upon the Hellgate one very important lesson at Sun Liquor, shortly after the moment you see captured above: "Guys can exfoliate too, you know." In return, we bestowed upon Jenny and her assistant the typical treatment of perverted Hellgate banter and innuendo, which they handled with grace and a limited number of uncomfortable chuckles. Recently, I learned from Jason Rothman (former Disheveled editor, current King Cobra booker) that our band conversations were so offensive and disgusting during our interview for Disheveled last summer that he had to edit out most of the material for our own sake. It was nice of him to not take the opportunity to make us look like the giant asses we really are.
After Sun Liquor, we hit some outdoor areas, drank some Rainer in Carkeek Park, I crushed a beer can on my forehead, and we wandered around nature while Jenny captured some of our most intimate moments in the woods. I have yet to see if it was caught on film, but Ben and David were holding hands for about three seconds as we walked up the trail. Of course, immediately after they talked about football and hunting or something, but it was a touching moment.
It was a super fun afternoon and it made us feel more important than we probably are. Nonetheless, I'm stoked to see how they turned out. We'll post some on the intermet sometime in the coming weeks.
Slightly off topic - sometimes in rehearsals when we practice our song "Tina Fey" I replace the subject's name with names of a similar syllabic structure such as "Jesus Christ" or "Matt Brown" just to shake things up a bit and see how many variations of the song we can come up with. Last night's new twist - "Jenny J." Next time, "Sean Nelson!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home