Monday, September 25, 2006

I thought you said I was your Elvira

Currently listening to: Khachaturian: Gayane
Currently reading: my to-do list

I've been having a flurry of ideas lately. This usually happens after a period of rest. Nothing genus there. Expect to see a keyboard in the live set here soon. I love me some sweet guitar action, but there's a lot to be said for crazy keyboard noises.

I spent a couple hours yesterday working on 3 new songs. They're 3 different styles: a 70's-ish rocker, a carnivalesque type number, and a really subdued song. After spending six long months on the full-length and retreating from writing, it's nice to be creative again.

And speaking of the full-length, it looks like Greyday Productions is going to release it, at least on a short-scale, early next year. I'm stoked. Greyday kicks ass. Especially the LKN part of Greyday.

Oh! And after my songwriting hemophilia last night, I caught Town Crier at El Corazon. I'm not sure why, but I'm so amused by their project: singing the news. Maybe because it has a similar feel to the now idle project Teresa and I started a year ago, The Reagan Era Living History Band. Anyway, they're rad and you should go see all of their shows and be entertained and educated. I love multitasking.

So, we're practicing tonight in an effort to tighten up the set for our October 4th show at the High Dive after the Mars Bar chain reaction of technical fubars and musical slop. Booyah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home