Wednesday, January 07, 2009

February Tour + RPM Challenge = Insanity

We're going on tour in February. Maybe you already know this. What you may not know is what the RPM Challenge is all about. Get the full low-down at the RPM site.

Basically, musicians are given the "challenge" to write and record a full album - 10 songs or 35 minutes worth of music - in the 28 days that is February. It's voluntary and it's just for fun. I entered last year and got eight minutes of a mini-suite finished before being consumed by other things. Thus, I failed. When I received the email this year from the RPM folks reminding me to sign up again, I thought, "Well crap. Hellgate will be on tour during February. Wait....."

And then I emailed Ben my crazy idea. And Ben said, "I'm totally down." And Jon doesn't have a choice. Sorry Jon. We're going to write and record an album IN THE VAN while we are on tour in February.

Now, if you know anything about how music is made (it's not delivered by magical unicorn storks, BTW) you know that playing music and recording in a moving vehicle might be difficult. This is true. But, we believe it will add to the creativity and fun.

So, keep your eyes peeled on our blog during February as well be posting song samples and video of our album making process. If it's any good, we'll put it up on iTunes. If it sucks, you'll have to get us drunk and we'll burn you a CD-R.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home