Thursday, September 28, 2006

The press doesn't lie...

Currently listening to: Gwen Stefani
Currently reading: our write-up in the Stranger

...3 of our 4 band members do wear glasses. Vision problems are the plight of our band.

From the Stranger:

WEDNESDAY 10/4
H IS FOR HELLGATE, PONY PANTS, SKYLINE DIVIDE(High Dive) They used to be called Henkensiefken, but now they're called H Is for Hellgate. Unless the publicity photos lie, three of the four band members wear glasses. They have a slight Rainer Maria vibe, but that could be due largely to Jamie Henkensiefken's vocals. I would call them indie rock, but I think that'd make them sound more spineless than they actually are, so I won't. Lastly, Mayor Greg Nickels apparently told the band they were "great" after seeing them play, but I couldn't confirm that before press time (okay, I didn't actually try to confirm that before press time). And now you know all you need to know about H Is for Hellgate. Don't mention it. MEGAN SELING
Oh, but I will mention it: thanks to Megan Seling and the Stranger for listing our show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home