Thursday, May 10, 2007

Back in the proverbial saddle again

Currently listening to: The Shins (I have a curious addiction to the song "Sea Legs")

Praise Jesus. We had our first post-tour band practice last night, exactly 3 weeks after I had to jump on the last flight from Dallas to Minneapolis to experience what would quickly become the end of my youth. It was awesome. It was so good to play together again. It was comforting to see the old hackey sack. Things finally feel right with the world.

Random topic jump (thus the new paragraph, I suppose): we practice right across the hall from U.S.E. (short for United States of Electronica for those of you not in-the-know). I'm not sure why, or at what point, they reached celebrity status in my mind, because I don't own any of their music and I've only seen them live once and it was not a great show (they were good, the show was a strange moving opening for a snowboarding film...how did I even end up there? I don't snowboard and I'm not an avid movie goer. I must have been drunk and coerced...) but I ran into four of them last night, almost literally, as I was going out/they were coming in the front door to the Chophouse. I got all shy and awkward reminiscent of high school when I'd have embarrassing interactions with the popular girls who could hairspray their bangs into a perfect cocoon, unlike my modest, un-hairsprayed hair. I think it's just that I have a secret (not anymore!) desire to play in a gay (as in happy) dance band and I want to be them and play gay (as in happy) dance music for sweaty scensters.

Anyway, I might go see them, The Snakebites and Ms. Led tomorrow at Ye Ole Firehouse to benefit that guy who fell and got hurt. Then they will see that I'm cool and normal and have decent hair and we'll be best friends forever.

Getting back to the H, I've declared May our West Seattle Invasion month. Here you see a what one might get if you do a Google image search for West Seattle. Doesn't it look like a blast? Right. We expect to see you at both of the following shows (that includes you, U.S.E., my future BFF):

- Saturday, May 12th at the Skylark Cafe - we headline and start our rock at 11PM

- Friday, May 18th at Easy Street After Hours - with the Bad Ass Motherfuckers, or "BAMFs" as we say in Hellgate, Juhu Beach.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the gig went well as I had already driven to Seattle that day for selfish reasons.

toby

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home