Friday, March 23, 2007

When a song gives you chills

Currently listening to: The Velvet Teen - Chimera Obscurant
Currently reading: lyrics to Chimera Obscurant

I love The Velvet Teen and I love Judah's angelic singing, tight and interweaving harmonies, and intelligent lyrics. I bought their album Elysium a few years ago and, if it were a tape, I would have worn it out. But, because I'm drawn in by sounds more than words, I never really took the time to pick out the vocals of this epic song which, in my opinion, are unfairly buried on the mix.

Anyway, you should buy this song here (or, better yet, buy the whole album) and then read the words at SongMeanings.com along with the song. It's incredible. It's moving. It's frightening. It's uplifting.

I would fall over and die if I ever tried to put together a masterpiece like this, but I don't have a problem with doing that thang I do, either. I just wanted to share the goosebumps I still have.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when I get the chills. Music is special.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

Just wanted to be among the first to wish you a very, very Happy Birthday! We love you and your music, and wish you all the best in the coming the coming year! Be safe on the road, and keep in touch.

XOXO, Christi and the Wagner family

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home