Thursday, May 22, 2008

The life I love is making music with my friends

Since we learned that David is leaving the band (David is leaving the band, BTW, so work on his solo project, Zero State Reflex) last week, plus the potential of another internal shake-up, the band has a lot of realizations that things that have been regular for us for the last two years will come to an end. For example, the rampant use of the word "tits" as an adjective.

This weekend we're embarking on a mini-tour to Spokane, Missoula, and Eugene and it will be the last tour for H Is for Hellgate as we know it. It will be the last time I'll hear a 90-minute lecture on the year 2012, 911 conspiracies, aliens, and republican douchebags within the confines of a van barreling down the freeway slightly over the speed limit with three of my best friends. We played a kick-off show last night at King Cobra in Seattle and it totally felt like those last days of senior year in high school where I really just showed up to be with my friends as we shared the anticipation of the final chapter in a phase of life. I'm simultaneously really excited to spend one last trip soaking up every ridiculous band moment and saddened by, and nervous about, the impending changes to come.
H Is for Hellgate is not going away. We're going to take the summer off to regroup, restaff, and I'm going to volunteer for a few weeks of Rock N' Roll Camp for Girls in Portland. I know we'll emerge an awesome band with an awesome record in hand.
The show this weekend will be weird, but I know all four of us will be putting all of our hearts into playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home