Monday, November 13, 2006

It's the Slaughter

Currently listening to: The Decemberists
Currently reading: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Last night was sweet. We played a benefit for the Oly Rollers, Olympia's brand new roller derby team. It was at this bar called the Brotherhood which, despite not having the best PA, was probably one of my favorite venues that I've ever played. Maybe because it was packed with nice people, maybe just because it was cozy and neatly decorated. Definitely not because Ben had to play on the stage that had a 2 1/2 drop off immediately to his left (which, had he decided to go ape shit and rock out, would have landed him partially on a pinball machine and partially on the floor) but the risk of Ben's paralyzation added to the thrill.

Anyway, the Oly Rollers were super nice and did their best to fulfill my wish to leave with cuts and bruises, but I think they were gentle. My hands are my instruments people.

In some very exciting news, I've finally set a CD release date. Mark your colanders: February 15th at the Sunset Tavern the world FINALLY gets some new H for the world's CD/MP3 players.

And, because I'm not busy enough planning an album release, tour...oh, and still mixing said album, I'm psyched to fill in on drums for The East End this weekend at a secret show at the Fenix. But it's secret, so you don't know that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home