Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks


Currently listening to: songs I wrote 5 years ago
Currently reading: bad lyrics I'm rewriting


It seemed appropriate that, on the eve of the day us Americans are supposed to be thankful for being able to over eat and get up early for day-after sales, we had an amazing band practice that unfolded exactly why I'm so lucky to have come across the three people pictured at left (l-r David, Ben and Marie) and have them actually want to play music with me and put up with my flare ups of OCD.

Our practice wasn't necessarily amazing because we reached new musical heights of creativity and interconnectedness (although we might have with our wicked 5 minute jam on G), but moreso because it was just fun. Most of it was drunk, goofy, raunchy story fun due to the beers, Jameson and SoCo we passed around in between songs. But even as I was woken up horribly hung over by my dad's Happy Turkey Day call I was thankful that the four of us can be so at ease and hand out as friends and love to play music together. It's not as common in bands as one might think.

I'm not normally the sentimental type person to actually list something I'm thankful for, but I think last night the world kicked me in the ass and made me realize I shouldn't feel so downtrodden for all the setbacks we've had with labels. We've got a good thing going and we're going to be okay.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's pretty awesome J. I'm keeping the fingers and toes crossed for all your success!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home