Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Big Day

This whole build up of the CD release is kind of like giving birth, but minus all the pain and 18 years of taking care of a human. I'm really excited that we can finally get these songs out to people (especially since I started recording them a YEAR ago). There's been a lot of planning, build up, and anticipation - and, in a rare event, I'm actually a little nervous. I've played TONS of shows and can play these songs in my sleep with one hand tied behind my back, but it's just the build up. The big night. More than anything, I'm excited to have a party to celebrate the band.

Although, with all the excitement, there is some let down. We didn't get any reviews or write-ups about the show in the local papers. Just when I thought we were starting to reach some people, the folks in the press reminded me that we're not important enough. I'm not ranking our success on the number of reviews, but it would be nice as a means to get more people familiar with the band.

And really, all the promotion efforts weren't a total loss. We've been played on KEXP, 107.7 The End and rainydawg.org (the UW online station). Plus, the Three Imaginary Girls have us on one of their podcasts.

It kind of feels like tonight will be the beginning of H is for Hellgate. Now we have something physical and long-lasting to offer the world rather than just the one-night-stand of a club show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie. You are funny.
Best of luck tonight--if I didn't have a standing Thursday commitment and a fear of loud noises I would totally be there.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home