Friday, January 05, 2007

Someone believes in us!


Currently listening to: Elliott Smith
Currently reading: a book about Chopin

It's officially official. I signed a recording contract and dropped it in the mail to the fine folks at Stereotype Records. They're going to pimp out our record (due out February 15th!) to the far reaches of the globe, and, goddamn, we are excited to work with them. They have some top-shelf records already out by top-shelf artists that you should check out in the meantime.

What you see pictured is the amazingly rad front cover to the record. All of the album artwork was done by Ben's better half, Emily. She's so rad. And she likes miniature cows, and that can't be wrong.

This weekend I am going to embark on a task like none I've ever attempted before: booking a 3-week tour. I wanted to go for longer, but there's this whole thing where we all have jobs to keep and bills to pay, so we're going to get as far from Seattle as we can and reach out to you, music fans of the West and Mid-West. Anyway, booking one show can sometimes be difficult so I can't wait to see what booking 18 in a 21 day period will do to my blood pressure. I've heard good things about Righteous Pursuit, a web service based of of Seattle (I think) that assists bands booking their own tour. We'll see how it goes.

That's why the good lord invented wine.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I be your personal assistant when you are a big-time-famous rocker? In spite of what you may have heard/seen, I actually have a wonderful work ethic. And integrity. Also, will work for cheese.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home