Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Plateau

Currently listening to: a lot of Justin Timberlake
Currently reading: I Like You by Amy Sedaris

After months of planning, emailing, promoting, ...oh yeah, and practicing, I've come to the point where there's little to nothing else I can do for the CD release show. It's a weird feeling. I imagine my life will be this strange world filled free of stress and anxiety where I can do crazy things like write songs and practice my guitar. Heck, maybe I'll even take some voice lessons.

Of course, there's always the tour that's not yet 100% booked, but most of the hard work is done. All I can say is that I'm excited for H is for Hellgate to be about the music and not the business, even if it's just for a couple weeks.

Now, go to the show on Thursday at the Sunset. 9pm. It's going to be party party time with Town Crier and Conservative Dad in the house. If you don't live in Seattle, pre-order our CD online. And we thank you.

Oh, and totally unrelated - This just in: subtle sexism DOES still exist in rock music. Here's how - I went to a certain guitar megastore yesterday to get new strings for my gutiar. You know, the guitar I play in the rock band. It's an electric guitar. After I left the store, I noticed the Sales Associate had sold me acoustic strings. Seems like a simple enough mistake, right? No. Nearly EVERY TIME I buy strings, no matter at what store from Montana to Seattle, (except Trading Musician, thank you!) the response is, "Acoustic?" No. Do I look like Ani Difranco? Did I walk into the store singing the Indigo Girls? Why do these dudes always assume that I am a folk-signing, acoustic-open-chord-strumming chick? I guess I was in too much of a hurry yesterday to double check and/or gave the Sales Associate the benefit of the doubt that I just might play an instrument powered by electricity. Christ.

So, hooray for girls. We get to front bands occassionally. Sometimes we're good enought not just be "good for a girl." But please, stop assuming that I can't f****** (the **s are for Dad) rock.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the free CD H is for Hellgate! You guys sure know how to make your fans feel like winners!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home